If you thought all fatty foods were bad, then this article will shock you
These fatty foods will not only improve your health, they can help you to lose weight quickly as well
In our previous article we established the body needs fat to help protect some vital cells and also as a source of energy among many others. Fats are classified as either saturated fat or unsaturated fat. Saturated fats are seen as bad for the body and the amount eaten should be kept to the absolute minimum. On the other hand, unsaturated fat are seen as healthy fat that can make very serious contribution to our health.
It is very important to have adequate healthy fats in your diet. By eating enough fatty foods,
- you will be able to maintain your hormone levels,
- you will be able to keep you blood sugar levels under control, and
- you will be able to keep your food cravings under control.
This article attempts to find some healthy fatty foods that can put you on the quickest way to lose weight and also help to improve your health.
Healthy fatty foods that can put you on the quickest way to lose weight and help improve your health
Omega-3 is very essential to our health. They help lower the risk of getting various heart diseases. There are now many foods on offer that have had their health qualities improved with the addition of Omega-3 fatty acids. Examples of foods that have been fortified with Omega-3 include
- soy milk,
- fruit juices,
- peanut butter,
Healthy fatty foods include fatty fish
Fishes like salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel, herring and trout, are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids. As seen above, these fatty foods are a very effective at helping to keep your heart healthy. To make sure you get the full health benefits from these, it is highly recommended you grill, bake or poach them instead of frying. Aiming to have two servings of fatty fish a week is highly recommended
Such seeds as flax seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds are rich in healthy fats that have the ability to lower cholesterol levels. Generally speaking fats from animals are seen as bad while those from plants are seen as good healthy fats
Flax seeds, like many of the seeds listed here, contain lignans which have been proven to contain high levels of antioxidant properties. This means they can help you burn more fat to help you lose weight quickly. In addition, they can
- help reduce cholesterol level,
- help reduce the risk of contracting various diseases relating to the heart,
- help the body fight various diseases including the some types of cancer, and, can also
- help lower the blood pressure in patients suffering from hypertension
Nuts – another good example of fatty foods that are healthy
Most, if not all nuts contain very good levels of healthy fat. As can be seen from this article, peanuts, for example, can give you a lot of health benefits. Such benefits include helping to
- improve the health of the brain,
- reduce the chances of getting some types of cancer,
- lower the possibility of developing a cardiovascular or heart disease, and
- boost your immunity levels to help you fight various diseases
Nuts, such as peanuts, walnuts, pistachios, pecans, Brazil nuts, and almonds, contain very reasonable levels of the hormones and chemicals that can help the body burn fat.
In spite of the fat that they contain high levels of fat, eating nuts can help suppress your hunger pangs, helping you eat less and can help to put you on the quickest way to lose weight.
They are also very good sources of various minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, protein and fibre. All these are factors that contribute to healthy growth as well as weight loss.
While peanut butter might seem to be the most popular healthy food in this category, pecan butter, almond butter, macadamia butter and cashew butter can all give you similar benefits. These can therefore be seen as very good alternatives, especially to those with allergies to peanuts.
Avocados are usually seen as fatty foods, but they are also full of monounsaturated fats which are classified as healthy fats. It is however worth noting that avocados have high calorie levels in addition the high fat content. Thus it would always be a good idea to go easy on these.
- The fruit, that is what avocados are, are also full various minerals, nutrients and vitamins.
- They also contain good levels of antioxidants.
- They are also sources of fibre.
- They are very effective in helping the body maintain healthy hormone levels; as they have good antioxidant activity,
- they can help you burn fat and therefore help you to lose weight quickly;
- they also very good in helping with the development and the building of the muscles,
- they can help reduce appetite levels by tricking your brain to make you feel full for longer periods. This means you eat less, putting you on the quickest way to lose weight.
Olives and Olive Oil
These are very high in triglycerides which are very rich in monounsaturated fatty acids. Choose olive oil over other oils for cooking and as toppings for snacks and salads.
- Olive oil is very good in helping to protect the body against the risk cardiovascular diseases as it can help reduce cholesterol levels.
- It can also help with the prevention of atherosclerosis, which is a situation where fatty acids accumulate in and block the arteries;
- It can also help raise the levels of HDL cholesterol which is seen as the good cholesterol. High levels of HDL can help reduce the chances of getting diseases related to the heart.
This is a very good alternative to vegetable oil. It is one of the healthy fatty foods held in high esteem for its health benefits to the heart. It is just below flaxseed oil with regards to the percentage of ALA Omega-3 oils it contains. Thus, it is a very important part of a healthy diet. The many benefits of canola oil include
- the ability to cut down cholesterol levels.
- It is also recognised for its positive effect on blood pressure.
- It can also help issues on inflammation,
- Can also help the body maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Whole Eggs, including the yolk
Egg is recognised for its protein content. One very important factor that is not known to many people is the fact the healthiest part of the egg is the yolk. This is because the yolk contains a range of vitamins and minerals. To be precise, over 90% of the calcium, phosphorus, iron, thiamin, zinc, vitamins B6 and B12, folate and pantothenic acid found in an egg is located in the egg yolk.
In addition, egg yolks has high antioxidants properties which means they have the ability to boost the body’s metabolism to help it burn more fat. This can help boost your weight loss effort.
Also, all the important fatty acids, and, all the fat soluble vitamins, vitamins A, D, E, and K can also be found in the egg yolk.
As the egg yolk helps to build and balance the levels of amino acid, eating the whole egg, instead of the egg white alone will give you all the benefits of the egg protein.
Free range organic eggs contain very good levels of both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and higher levels of all the nutrients and vitamins listed above. This is because the diet of the chicken has a big influence on the above. Thus, free range organic eggs will give you better health benefits than caged eggs.
It will surprise many to find butter listed here as butter contains high levels of fat. But so long as you opt for butter produced from organic grass-fed cows, you will find butter to be one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids. It is also a very good source of the medium-chain fatty acids found in Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) . These have the ability to help burn calories.
Organic butter is another good source of the conjugated linoleic acid healthy fat. This type of fat has the ability to help build strong healthy muscles, as well as, aid weight loss. The healthy fats in grass-fed organic butter can also help suppress appetite and also control the levels of blood sugar which can all help to put you on the quickest way to lose weight and contribute to giving you leaner and healthy body
Caution – Go easy on these fatty foods
While each of these fatty foods heave various qualities which can provide you with many health benefits and also put you on the quickest way to lose weight, they are still oil. Thus quantities used should be kept to reasonable levels. It is by so doing that the health benefits of these fatty foods can be enjoyed.
We are sure list above may not be complete. However we believe it can give you a good starting point to build on. We will be happy to read other suggestions you may have. You can use the form below for any comments you may have. And, please post and share this on your social media platforms if you find this post of any use.