How to boost your fibre intake to help you lose weight quickly
Fibre can only be obtained from plants and is regarded as one of the most important components of a healthy diet. It also plays a very important role in any weight loss program. Choosing the right type of fibre can go a very long way to decide the extent to which you can make the quickest way to lose weight a success.
Fibre can either be soluble or insoluble. Each of these plays a very different role and provides the body with different benefits. Thus both types of fibre should be regarded as necessary in any diet plan you adopt to help you lose weight quickly.
As the name implies it can be digested by the body. Such fibre, including oats and barley, fruits such as oranges, apples, lentils, flax seeds, berries, and celery; carrots and potatoes stay in your system for longer. They therefore help to keep you fuller for longer periods. This means they can help you to reduce the amount of food you eat which can help you lose weight quickly.
- They can also help to soften stool and eating more of such foods can help you solve such problems as constipation.
- Soluble fibre can also help to reduce blood sugar levels. They can therefore help with the control and management of diabetes.
- They can also help lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
Insoluble fibre however cannot be digested by the body. It is very good at relieving constipation. It passes through the digestive system without breaking down. Instead, it helps to make it easier for other foods to pass through your system. It can therefore help to keep the bowels healthy.
Because they add bulk to stool, reducing the amount of insoluble fibre such as wholemeal, cereals and bran can help such problems as diarrhoea.
How dietary fibre can help put you on the quickest way to lose weight
In addition to the many benefits, foods that are high in fibre can help keep you full for longer. Compared to other foods, they stay in the stomach for longer. This helps to slow down the rate of digestion.
Eating more fibre can help suppress your hunger and help reduce the temptation to fall on foods that may not be healthy. They can therefore help put you on the quickest way to lose weight without necessarily reducing the amount of food you need drastically.
Fibre can also help to move fat quickly through the body. This makes it difficult for the body to absorb fibre. This is another way to help you to control your weight. Various studies point to the fact that people on the quickest way to lose weight have achieved better results by including fibre in their diet plan than those who have excluded fibre from their diet plan.
How to increase your fibre intake to help put you on the quickest way to lose weight
To take advantage of all the many benefits that fibre can provide you, it is highly recommended you should aim at taking in at least 25 grams of fibre every day. The aim should be to get this from many different types of foods. Contrary to these recommendations, it is estimated most people take in just about 15 grams of fibre every day.
As stated above, increasing your fibre intake can help make your weight loss effort a success. The question then is, how do you increase your fibre intake, which can in turn help to put you on the quickest way to lose weight?
One of the most important goals of any weight loss strategy you carry out is to ensure that you have your five a day without fail. This will be the biggest step you can take to make sure that you are getting enough fibre. Your aim should be to eat as many fruits and veggies as you can every day.
The under listed fruits and vegetables are what we believe can have a big impact on your weight loss effort:
- berries, with special emphasis on raspberries;
- canned tomato products, including tomato puree,
- sweet potato,
- Brussels sprouts,
- broccoli, and
Tip: Raspberry ketones can provide you with many health benefits and help you to lose weight quickly. Find out more
- It is worth remembering that juices contain hardly any fibre. Thus fresh fruits will provide you with fibre, not the processed fruits.
- Sliced peach, banana and other fruits can be added to cereal every now and then.
- You can also try adding grated carrots to salad.
Eating as many of these everyday can help suppress your hunger, help reduce you to reduce the amount of food you eat and help put you on the quickest way to lose weight.
Increase your intake of beans
One serving of beans a day can be of great benefit to you. Beans can provide you with more fibre than most foods. The amount of this dietary component you get from beans, for example, is about 3 to 4 times what you get from other fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney beans or other types of beans, for example, can be added to salad.
- Whenever you can, replace red meat with legumes. This can be added to various sources and soups.
- Add vegetable salad as a side dish with every meal can be a very good practice.
- Seeds and nuts such as peanuts and cinnamon can help suppress your hunger and should form a very important part of your weight loss diet.
- Peanuts can be effectively used as snacks in-between main meals, so long as you keep the quantities low
Aim for a minimum of six servings of this type of food every day. Best among these that can help with your weight loss effort are brown rice, rolled oats, whole wheat breads, pasta, barley and breakfast cereals. Having cereal such as oats, oatmeal and bran for breakfast can give you with about 5 grams of your fibre requirements per serving.
- Opting for the whole grain meals will always provide you with better benefits than the processed and refined versions. Thus choose brown rice and brown bread over white.
- For pasta, lookout for multigrain varieties.
- If you intend to do any baking, whole-wheat flour should be your choice, unless you have a special reason not to.
It is worth noting that eating too much fibre can also lead to constipation, diarrhoea, bloating and the accumulation of gas. You should therefore aim to increase your fibre intake slowly. This will make it easier for your body to adjust. Drinking lots of fluid, such as water can greatly help with the situation. Drinking plenty of water can help with digestion, help boost your metabolism and help put you on the quickest way to lose weight.
We would like to point out that a healthy diet is required to help to lose weight quickly. Thus, increasing your fibre intake alone will not help you achieve your weight loss goals.
The above recommendations should be combined with measures for reducing and controlling your calorie intake and an active life, including regular exercise. However, taking the necessary steps to increase your fibre intake can go a very long way to help put you on the quickest way to lose weight.