We discussed in the Article, Healthy Spicy Foods And the Quickest Way To Lose Weight, spicy foods have many health benefits. Adding spices to any food can turn it from an ordinary diet to a fat burning machine, super charging your metabolism to help you lose weight quickly. This is because spices and herbs contain many minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. In addition, many spices and herbs have various medicinal properties.
Healthy Spicy Foods can protect you against various diseases
Apart from helping to put you on the quickest way to lose weight, many spicy foods can help protect the body against various diseases. The risk of getting cancer, diabetes, heart failure, high blood pressure, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and macular degeneration which can lead to eyes and sight problems, can greatly be reduced by adding various spices and herbs in generous proportions to our diet.
In addition to the above, healthy spicy foods
- can slow down the ageing process,
- can boost your metabolism to make it possible for you to burn more fat and therefore lose weight fast,
- can help you deal with problems associated with inflammation,
- can boost your immune system to make it possible for you to fight various diseases, and,
- can also help stabilise blood sugar levels which can be of great benefit to diabetic patients
The article will make an attempt to identify some of the most powerful herbs and spices that can help to put you on the quickest way to lose weight and bring significant improvement to your health.
Healthy Spicy Foods that can help you to lose weight quickly and improve your health
- It has one of the highest antioxidant levels found in any spicy food.
- It can speed the body’s metabolism due to its high thermogenic properties.
- By adding cinnamon to food, you can help the body burn more fat, putting you on the quickest way to lose weight.
- Popularly used as a spice, it can be added to smoothies, oatmeal and yogurt. It can be found as one of the components of various healthy baking recipes as well.
- Studies also show that cinnamon can help reduce blood sugar levels which can be of great benefit to both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients. According to a study, just 2 spoons of the spice can help reduce blood sugar by between 20% and 30%.
- It can also help reduce the bad LDL cholesterol, as well as the levels of triglyceride. This means it can help reduce the accumulation of fat around the hips and the belly
- It powerful anti-inflammatory properties means it can help to deal with pains in the joints and muscles. This can be of great benefit to those suffering from arthritis
- It can also help with the development of the brain and can therefore help to boost memory and concentration levels
- Can help cut down the possibility of getting diseases of the heart by cutting down the possibility of inflammation in the blood vessels
Pepper including Chilli peppers, black pepper, Cayenne pepper and Capsicum fruits
Chilli peppers come in various varieties and with different names as well. However, they all have similar properties. Many pepper fruits (yes, pepper is a fruit, not a vegetable) contain phytochemicals, recognised for its antioxidant properties. This gives pepper the ability to eliminate free radicals. The buildup of free radicals in the body can damage body cells and increase the chances of getting various diseases.
Peppers come in many varieties, as well as many colours. Each colour has a different variant of phytochemicals. Thus to get the most of the benefits offered by these spicy foods, you should opt to include as many colours as possible in your diet plan. By doing so, you will be able to enjoy all many benefits they give. Such benefits may include
- Vitamin A to help improve eyesight and fight infections,
- Vitamin C to help give protection from cataracts and reduce the risk of getting cancer,
- Vitamin B6 to help with the development and performance of the immune system and the brain,
- Lycopene to help reduce the possibility of getting ovarian cancer,
- Lutein and zeaxanthin to help give protection against eye diseases including cataracts.
The compound Capsaicin is another active compound in chilli peppers. Capsaicin gives pepper their burning sensation. Due to its high antioxidant properties such spicy foods can help boost the body’s ability to dispense energy which can put you in a better position to get rid of excess fat and therefore lose weight quickly.
Aside being one of the popular healthy foods, it is used for other purposes, including being used by the police in any countries as a nonlethal weapon to dispense crown and neutralize threats to the police. It can also be used as a natural insecticide in gardening,
It is regarded as one of the healthy spicy foods. It has a very distinctive aroma and is used in the preparation of many foods, including Mediterranean dishes. It belongs to the mint family of plants and is recognised for its many health benefits
- It contains very good levels of beta carotene which is recognised for its high antioxidant activity. This means
- it can help the body take care of free radicals and poisonous toxins which can help with the prevention of various diseases including cancer and heart diseases
- By helping the body get rid of free radicals,
- it can help slow down the ageing process
- It can help the body burn more fat to help with any weight loss effort
- It has good vitamin and mineral levels including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, magnesium calcium manganese, iron and potassium.
- It has anti-inflammatory and other healing properties. Thus it is known to help with issues related to allergies, conditions related to the inflammation of the bowels, and arthritis.
- It can help the body get rid of various bacteria, including those that related to food poisoning
Cloves is a herb with a distinctive spicy and sweet flavour. It is used as a healthy aroma in foods and beverages. It is also known to have many medicinal purposes
- When applied to cuts, bruises, burns, bites, itchy rashes and fungal infections, the oil content can help speed up the healing process by killing most of the bacteria it comes into contact with.
- It is one another of the herbs and spices with very high antioxidant activity. This means it can help the body burn more fat to help put you on the quickest way to lose weight.
- It can help the body get rid of bacteria and parasites in the digestive system making it easier for those organs to function properly.
- It can be used to help with indigestion, vomiting, nausea and the build-up of unwanted body gas
Cardamom is one of the aromatic spicy foods with a sweet spicy flavour.
- It has high thermogenic properties with the ability to speed the body’s metabolism. This means it can help the body burn more fat which can help with any weight loss strategy.
- It contains chemicals that can help with problems associated with digestion including intestinal spasms, heartburn, constipation gallbladder and the liver.
- Can help with the treatment of coughs, sore throat and common colds.
It is a very popular spice used in Asian dishes. It contains a yellow-orange pigment called curcumin as its major active ingredient. Curcumin has very high anti-inflammatory properties and has been used in the production of various anti-inflammatory drugs. Given its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric can help in the treatment of joint pains, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- By helping to improve the flow of bile in the bladder, turmeric can help improve the functioning of the digestive system and therefore also help with the burning of fat.
- It contains anti-platelet substances which can make it difficult for blood to clot. Thus, it can be used to curtail the possibility of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can help delay the growth of cancer cells as well as help reduce the chances of getting cancer.
- Studies have also shown that populations eating spicy foods with reasonable contents of turmeric have fewer people with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Cumin is another of the spicy foods with high levels of antioxidant activity and can help with digestion.
Can help boost energy levels
Can help speed up the body’s metabolism, helping it to burn more fat and can therefore help to put you on the quickest way to lose weight
Ginger contains more than 25 antioxidants, making it one of the most potent spices.
- It can help the body get rid of free radicals and poisonous toxins and can therefore be used effectively for colon cleansing and body detox
- It can help with the prevention of such diseases as heart attacks, cancer, and blood pressure
- It can be used effectively to help with issues related to vomiting and nausea.
- Has a very good effect in the treatment coughs and is used effectively as an expectorant.
- It can help with the treatment of motion sickness.
- It has very good anti-inflammatory properties and can help with issues related to swelling, muscle aches and arthritis
It is used in the preparation of various dishes. Rosemary
- has very high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties;
- has the ability to help improve memory and concentration levels,
- can help improve circulation,
- can help improve digestion,
- can help boost the immune system and can help prevent various diseases including heart attacks and various cancers like the cancers of the stomach, lung, breast and the colon
This is another of the healthy spicy foods found in many healthy diet plans.
- It is very good in the treatment of various diseases including sore throat, bronchitis, chest congestion and asthma.
- Thyme has good anti-inflammatory properties and can also be used in the treatment of infections and indigestion.
It is used in the treatment of many viral, fungal and bacterial infections due to its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, as well as, anti-viral properties.
Oregano has very high antioxidant activity and can therefore help the body get rid of free radicals, burn fat, maintain healthy weight levels to help improve the quality of life. It
- can help prevent various cancers,
- can help with the treatment of Alzheimer’s,
- can help calm the nerves,
- can help relieve issues related to insomnia, nightmares and depression, and
- can help improve memory and concentration levels.
Jamaican allspice is a sweet-smelling spice used in both savoury and sweet dishes such as Christmas pudding, Jamaican jerk chicken and mulled drinks.
- Containing the chemical eugenol, it may be used to help empty the bowels and for the treatment of various diseases including, vomiting, fever, colds and flu, vomiting and diarrhoea as well as heavy menstrual periods.
- It also contains very good levels of various minerals including copper, manganese, potassium, iron and magnesium.
- Various vitamins including Vitamin A, vitamin B6, are also present in allspice.
- It also contains very good levels of niacin, vitamin C and riboflavin which are known for their high antioxidant activity. This means Jamaican allspice is one of the healthy spicy foods that can help the body get rid of free radicals, burn more fat and therefore help you to lose weight fast
Many of these spicy foods can be obtained off the shelf. Opt for organic versions to help you reap the full benefits associated with the above listed spicy foods. Such foods have not been contaminated with any chemicals in the production process. But whichever you go for, do so with the knowledge that spicing up your food with these spicy herbs and spices will help you burn more fat, help you to lose weight quickly and help to improve your health considerably.
Which are your favourite spicy foods? Use the form below to share that with us. Share share on your social media platforms if you found the article useful in any way.